Our tender Venison medallions come to us straight from New Zealand, from pasture-raised Red Deer that freely graze on fresh and lush grasses.
Unlike regular hunted deer, our farmed New Zealand venison never has that “wild” taste so characteristic of game, but rather, it’s mild and rich, flavorful but not gamey. The deep rose red meat is lean, with one-fifth the fat of beef, plus more iron and Vitamin D, but not tough.
These perfectly-sized steaks are deliciously suited for a quick grilling or pan searing. Cooking tip: to develop a delicious brown crust on this great lean meat, add a bit of butter or oil prior to cooking. Sublime with sweet reductions, glazes, and of course, your favorite rub or marinade. Cook to medium-rare to ensure tenderness.
Our 100% New Zealand Red Deer is raised in family-owned farms under the same standards as the deer that falls into the exclusive Cervena Venison Appellation.
- 100% New Zealand Red Deer
- Free range
- Antibiotic-free feed
- NO genetically modified feeds
- NO animal by-products in feed
- Product will arrive in a vacuum-sealed bag.
- Refrigerate or freeze immediately upon receipt.
- Keeps frozen for up to 6 months. To defrost, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once thawed, use within 5 days.
Usually ships within 1 business days.
Product is perishable and must ship via Overnight service.